Sunday, July 14, 2013

Organized Challenge of the Week: Feminine Products

If you're a girl, you definitely have these items...you simply can't avoid them...tampons, pads, etc. Aside from being expensive, they aren't the kinds of things you want guests to see when they come into your bathroom for the first time. Here are a couple of ideas I came up with that keep my private stash out of sight:

I keep my "in rotation" stash in this little bitty bitty drawer unit in the bathroom cabinet, where the drawers are discreetly or maybe not-to-discreetly labeled "t" and "p". You decide how gauche that is...

These little drawers are not available to buy anymore, but a little jewelery drawer unit lined with some cute contact or wrapping paper would stand in just fine. Or, these little cuties from Ikea would work too.


On a completely unrelated note: Don't you ladies love how cute they are making the packaging for these things now? They should make it cute if they're going to charge eight bucks a box. But I digress...of course, that's not my whole stash in there...here's what I do with the backups. I found this really super cute fabric box from Reisenthel. They come in 3 different sizes (and colors too! Sadly, I think this particular design is discontinued) and this one is the smallest one. It's got a great metal frame that allows the box to collapse flat when it's not in use.


Inside is where the organizing fun begins. It's basically empty inside, but I decided it needed to be divided somehow. The Smart Store System products from The Container Store include some tall inserts which happened to fit PERFECTLY inside this box (AND they are on sale right now! Woo Hoo!)
A Tall Smart Store Insert from The Container store



Amazingly, they are JUST as tall as a tampon. It's almost like they were meant to hold them. Anyway, I'm also keeping my trial sized products (you know, those little things you get for spending all your money at Sephora and things you steal from the hotel? YOU KNOW YOU STEAL THEM.) and spare smaller sized skin and haircare products in here too.

I keep this little box in the linen cabinet with all the spare shampoos and towels, but it's such a pretty little box that it would look great in plain sight as well. Now that annoying time of the month can be a little bit sunnier when your lady stuff is orderly.

Here are some other feminine organizing ideas:
Which ideas do you like the best? What do you do with your hygiene products? Leave a comment below! Follow my blog with Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment